Wednesday, May 5, 2010

bits and pieces

     I have no idea what we are going to eat for dinner.  It is my least favorite meal to cook and the most persistent one.   My family pretty much fends for themselves for breakfast - with some nudging.  Lunch is either packed or grabbed haphazardly.  Dinner - whether we are all home or not, I prefer to have it eaten at the table or on special occasions at a folding table.  (Special occasions include watching the World Series or the Wizard of Oz on television.) I will happily bake for you all day.  I can whip up a dessert with ease and enjoyment - just don't ask me "what's for dinner?" because I probably won't have an answer. 
     Today, lunch was taken care of for me when my husband and I attended a faculty convivium luncheon at the college.  The presenter spoke about John Burroughs and his contributions to Nature writing and it was wonderful. This guy knew everyone - John Muir, Teddy Roosevelt, Henry Ford - the list goes on.  I am now feeling a need to hit the library to read his books. Good food, good topics, and lunch with colleagues.
     Below is the graphic for a live chat with a colleague who has written her second book.  Have not had time to read it, but she is a witty person, so I can only imagine the online chat will be entertaining.  If you get a chance to buy her book, please do, as she has two children who will someday want to go to college, and tuition is expensive!

6a00d83451d72a69e2013480757935970c-pi.jpg

     That's it - nothing more exciting to add. I have 68 papers and 68 quizzes to grade so I cannot hang out here too long.  have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment