We then had to go dig out some snow from the pond area - which is also frozen, so the water had someplace to settle after removing it from the barn. Next, we started pushing the water out using snow shovels as "paddles" of a sort.
|The water level was well over my foot.|
|Barn floods are messy|
|A small dike stemming the tide.|
|It had to be higher than the hose|
|We started to see cement!|
|Water coming through the output hose - VICTORY!|
|My farmer boy!|
We obviously have to figure out a way to keep this from happening next year, or figure out how to afford a new shed/barn for the sheep, because we cannot have them in this barn if this is a sample of how Spring will be. But at least it happened BEFORE the sheep arrived, so we know what we are up against, and can take steps to correct it, or avoid it happening again.
I hope your weekend was a bit less cazy.