Tuesday, February 26, 2013

For the Love of Books

    When I was living in Oxford, England, the most humbling event was when I was allowed to use the Bodleian Library for the first time.  The weight of the knowledge and imagination contained within the rooms of that special place was awe inspiring.  We had to take an oath in order to use the reading rooms. : "I hereby undertake not to remove from the Library, or to mark, deface, or injure in any way, any volume, document, or other object belonging to it or in its custody; not to bring into the Library or kindle therein any fire or flame, and not to smoke in the Library; and I promise to obey all rules of the Library.”
    I long to get back there to study once again.  It is glorious.  

Follow this link to see a bit of the inside of the library - as well as some other amazing book places I long to haunt!


No comments:

Post a Comment