Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bat Boy opens tonight!

   Wow!  I could leave it at that, but it would ruin my reputation for wordy posts!  Last night's final dress was terrific!  There was a small invited audience, which really gave the actors a better sense of where the laughter will happen than having just  the other designers and me in the audience.  The show ran smoothly, we got laughs and groans in all the right places.
    Have I mentioned how proud I am to be associated with these student actors and crew members. With just a few exceptions they are doing wonderful work.  The principal actors are giving such wonderful performances! They are required to be triple threats on this show (actor/dancer/singer) and they have all given it their all. 
    So, the show opens tonight - is nearly sold out for two nights, and now we have the fun of seeing if the audience loves it as much as we do.
    Break a leg, my dear actors, merde to you dancers, and toi, toi, toi to all you singers. Have a great show!


  I am so fortunate to work in a field I love with people I really enjoy.  I always wanted to teach - well since the third grade.  And theatre  has been my love since my first lines in the kindergarten play.  To combine them both into one job makes me a very lucky woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment