Friday, April 30, 2010

The Proof is in the Photos

    Thanks for your patience as I have been talking about little else but Bat Boy as we were in tech and finally open.  I saw it again last night - this time with an audience - it was great - the house was packed (about 450 people,  I would guess)and the audience primed to have a great time.  The actors were energized by the audience and the show was great!  Just so you know what I was talking about with blood and soot and fur, here are a few photos of the costumes to help you understand.


  
Pan


  
Two of the deer




the dingy ranchers



Edgar, the bat boy



Crispy Ron = more soot



Bat Boy in the gold lame graduation gown



Meredith and Edgar learning to trust each other


Discovery of the Bat Boy

     The lighting was pretty saturated with colour, which, unfortunately, the camera washed out completely.  

        I think the toughest part of this show was that I decided early on there would be no red in any costumes so when we see blood it is that much more startling.  Do you  know what a popular colour red is for textiles?? I think it all worked out well.  I am going to miss this cast a great deal when this closes.  The actress playing Meredith is one of several who will graduate this May.  She and I have worked together on six shows and I couldn't find a nicer person to work with. Kari has beauty, grace, a lovely voice and an inordinate amount of acting ability.   While I know she will move on to a wonderful career, she will be missed around here.














Did I mention MORE BLOOD??

No comments:

Post a Comment