Thursday, May 5, 2011

birds

  The birds are out in force this morning.  I have been seeing several pairs of Canada Geese winging past.  The cardinals love the feeders and never leave.  The bright goldfinches are here in great numbers. I have started seeing the house finches with their lovely red feathers. A gorgeous iridescent  starling  even took a beakful of seed this morning.

     This morning I had the treat of seeing a pair of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks.  I am not certain that I have ever seen them before - both a male and a female came to visit the feeders.
they are quite stocky - I thought at first it was a young robin, but then it turned to show the chest

the female


    The photos are, unfortunately, not very clear as I was shooting through a window. Actually, there ate at least two males and a female - so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment