Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lest you think the 52 Project was dropped

   There have been things I have been finishing up, or starting with  materials I already own, so the 52 Project continues.  Some needed to be given to their recipients before publishing.  Here are a few examples.

A scarf in rainbow yarn chosen by my youngest son.
He adores bright colours!
Here are a few cuff bracelets I stitched together for my niece for Christmas.
   I am still working on two quilts which I have been stitching on and off for over two years.  The experience has taught me that I am not a quilter - but has given me a great respect for those who are.  I am also in the middle of knitting an afghan for my niece.  She asked for it for Christmas, but gave me less than a month to do it.  I looked in the book 7 Day Afghans, and have adapted a pattern for this  blanket.  I do not know how many hours a day the author has to knit, but I may be done is April!
I have a whole bunch of this yarn - I think  It was originally intended for sweaters for the boys - but it is a nice colour for an afghan.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you get a bonus argyle when knitting! It's only happened for me once, although there's a Rav group dedicated to teaching you how to up your odds.
    Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete