Monday, February 15, 2010

Knitting for Therapy

    One thing I am finding as I deal with my mother-in-law's death is that I have a very hard time sitting still when upset.  I have scrubbed the mildew off of the shower ceiling, dusted the fins of the ceiling fan, vacuumed the baseboards, and washed every piece of laundry I can find. 
    I have also been knitting.  I am working on a lace shawl,  a bulky weight tunic that I started two years ago and put aside,  and a sock weight cowl.  I seem to find the mindless repetition of knitting soothing.  This mourning may actually be a productive time.  I am obsessively downloading patterns from the internet, planning all the possible projects to come.  Unfortunately, I should be focusing on Batboy: The Musical for which I am designing the costumes.  I know what I want it to look like but I am having a devil of a time concentrating on drawing the designs.
    I have to find a project for some lovely hand dyed banana/silk yarn in a turquoise,blue and brown colour pathway. I had started a shell for my mother-in-law...sigh.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment