Wednesday, December 1, 2010

looking at December

    I do not think I can say December is my busiest month - although it probably is with finals to grade,  course grades to calculate, all manner of Christmas-y things to prepare, make, view or listen to (I am thinking of my daughter's Christmas concert which is next Thursday).  However, Christmas is my favorite holiday and December my favorite month.  In my family two of my sisters and I are born in Dec., my husband's dad is a Dec. baby, too.  We were married in December, and then of course, we have that big birthday bash on the 25th for Jesus.  We even, occasionally get to go out for New Year's Eve - but not often.  I love all the lights (although my house is rarely decorated in them), the smell of the wreaths and trees, as well as all the compulsory baking for the holidays.  For my sister, who is Wiccan, there are Yule celebrations,  so I keep her on my mind as the days get darker.
    This year, as with most, we will be doing a lot of driving.  To Ocean City, MD to see relatives, to Richmond, VA to see dear friends, to a farm in the northern part of MD to see other friends, possible stop in CT to visit family, and home again.  Nothing light in our Christmas schedule.
    I am  spinning and knitting - but cannot show anything yet as a possible recipient of these activities may be reading this.  Suffice it to say I am pleased with the colour choices, the results of the spinning and the way the project is knitting up. Pictures will happen after it has been unwrapped!

No comments:

Post a Comment