Friday, August 19, 2011

dancing and panting

   Okay, so I am cast as Sally Bowles in Cabaret at the local community theatre.  So far, I am really enjoying the experience - although getting used to a community theatre schedule as opposed to a professional theatre schedule is taking some doing.
   I only have two real dances, but boy, they are teaching me just how out of shape I am!  After dancing for two and a half hours last night, I went home and collapsed on the couch.  I got up to get some dinner, sat down again, and did not want to move.  I convinced my husband that I really needed a foot massage, and he complied. (Two and a half hours  of dancing in three inch heels can do a number on your toes).
   I climbed into bed - after having to force myself to change out of sweaty dance attire and get into pjs. I didn't even have the strength for a shower!
   I am not complaining,  just noting that while I know this is good for me, I am pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment