Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas is A'comin'

     My youngest woke me at 6:10 this morning.  We watched the snow falling - enough to feel festive, not like a chore.  After eating breakfast I finished up some Christmas present knitting. (No posts for the 52 Project since a lot of the uses are for Christmas gifts.)  We went to the store to get ingredients for some special presents we are making.  After returning we discovered that the washing machine is acting up and may, indeed be broken.  I finished drying my son's Cub Scout shirt with the hair dryer and  we went to the retirement home to sing carols.  We took my daughter along to insure some extra vocal power.  It was a great hour or so of singing and visiting, and drinking chocolate milk and eating cupcakes.  We were shown all the Christmas decorations in the great room, and told the history of some of them. (They were the decorations that graced the windows of Bresee's Department Store, which was a major store on Main Street until  about 5 years ago when they closed.)  The residents and I had a wonderful chat about the history of it.  I was so proud of my son.  He talked to most of  the residents, shook hands, and even danced for a pair of the ladies! Not too shabby for age six.
    Tonight we head off to a party with many of our theatre friends.  Last night  my husband and I went to dinner and a movie. (Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows  - a fun romp!)  I am not certain  if I can handle two social outings in one weekend - it is so unusual for us!
    I hope you all have a wonderful week leading up to Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment